Frequently Asked Questions
- Dogs are allowed, with prior owner approval.
- Dogs must be under control at all times. Polk County asks that the pets are leashed. It is very important to us that dogs are under control, and do not venture into other neighboring yards.
- Please, absolutely no pets on the furniture, no exceptions. Please bring blankets or beds for your dogs so they have a place to feel at home and comfortable.
- In order to receive your full security deposit back, please be certain to walk the yard at the end of your stay and pick up pet waste.
How to make a reservation
Please see our Reservation page for details.
We adhere to a first-come-first-serve policy. Our weeks can fill up quickly, so please be certain to return the signed documentation to us as soon as possible, to ensure your reservation.
50% of your total booking is paid up front as a deposit. The following 50% of your booking and security deposit is paid 60 days prior to your stay.
The security deposit is fully refundable without excessive wear and tear on the property or excessive cleaning.
Swimming on Big Blake Lake is wonderful. Swim either from shore or from the dock.
Big Blake Lake is a fantastic fishing lake! There's great fishing right off the docks, along with many favorite spots around the lake. Large musky, northerns, large and smallmouth bass, panfish, walleye, and more are found in the lake.
Please note- Big Blake Lake seems to be a favorite among the DNR. Please only fish with a fishing license, and be certain when boating to follow all of the DNR boating laws. http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/boat
- Feel free to bring your own boat. There's plenty of room at the dock for 1-2 boats. If bringing more than one, please let us know in advance.
- Please be courteous and safe drivers when on the lake. Please know the laws about how far to stay away from the shoreline and other boats.
- Please note: The DNR is often a visitor to Big Blake Lake. Please make certain that you know the boating laws for Wisconsin.
Minimum age for renting any of our Cabins is 25 years old. The booking member will take on the financial responsibility of damages for the entire group at the property during their visit.
Quiet times are to be observed, as instructed on our contracts. We ask that our guests are respectful of the neighboring homeowners. Polk County requires quiet time for rentals to be from 10pm-8am, with no fireworks of any kind.
Yes. For the days that the weather is not "cooperating" we do have Direct TV with many channels to choose from. We also have free Wi/Fi for those of us who need to stay connected. There is also a "smart" BluRay player and a small section of DVDs. Please note, that if you have a Netflix account bring your account username and password, as our "smart" BluRay player provides direct access to Netflix.